Re: [OM] 120 million for The Scream, but a paltry 200 bucks for a piece

Subject: Re: [OM] 120 million for The Scream, but a paltry 200 bucks for a piece of history
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 09:46:56 -0500
Joel wrote:
> Gulp.  End of epoch.

Yes, but I know where you live. Iowa Zuikofests are bound to reunite
me with the legacy any time I want.

I'm not sure if it's related in any way. With my brain, it's very hard
to tell. But using Gordon's 300/2.8 was somewhat a trigger. The
temptation to start hoarding E-System gear like I have with OM gear
was very strong. I spent a solid two weeks, at least, seriously
contemplating it. An E-5 and some nice lenses would be a good way to
go. But the concerns of living with two abandoned systems weighs
heavy. I'm still a youngish person with the need to keep in mind a 20
year investment plan. Investing in a dead system while seeing a 20
year road ahead just isn't happening.

Micro Four-Thirds is finally looking like it MIGHT have some legs, but
do I really want to hitch my horse to that cart? I really don't know.
We'll see how well I do in the fundraising department. I might get the
OM-D just because it's a stout LITTLE camera that looks cool and is
relatively inexpensive.

AG