Re: [OM] (OM) New OM-D EM-5

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) New OM-D EM-5
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:04:19 -0500
> They'd be hyperfocal at about 7 and 10 feet or even less if you're happy
> with smallish prints.  Yes, a good street shooter.

I do something similar, but tend to do a bit more zone focusing.
Instead of going for a true "hyperfocal distance", I do the near, mid,
far routine. When working closer in, I'll set it to my 1-2 body length
distance and let the DoF cover the focusing error. However, the
intended output is rarely, if ever, large. The largest it would ever
get is a two-page layout in a wedding album. Even then, there is a lot
of slop forgiveness. As long as the expressions are timeless, the
picture can be technically junk.

Of course, this depends on available light. If I'm in the dark and not
using flash, then all bets are off. But for standard flash
opportunities where I can dial the flash down to F5.6, I've got plenty
of margin.

AG