Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike

Subject: Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 13:03:12 -0700
The first winter that I spent at Loring AFB, there was 186 inches of
snow and the lowest temp was 52 below zero F.  That low temp was the
reading on one of those long thermometers hung on a post at the border
crossing.  When I asked the customs agent what the temp was, he walked
over and checked it, shivered and came back to say 52 below.  That was
around 3:00AM and I was returning from a dance in Canada.  When we went
out to the parking lot that morning, out of a couple of hundred cars, 5
of them started.  My 48 Chev was not one of them. LOL  So we walked to work.
Paul in Portland OR