Re: [OM] OT: CS6

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: CS6
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 16:54:07 -0400
That's good work, Chris. I'll have to try that. I generally just create a new
layer, select white or black for the foreground color, hit brush and set
opacity at about 20 percent, sometimes less. Then I brush the area I want to
darken or lighten, not lifting the pen, and when I'm done I . . . (brain
working, it's been a while . . .) Fade Brush! that's it. Phew. I get the Fade
Brush dialogue up and move the slider until I like the effect. With the opacity
and flow controls, you can do much the same thing as feathering in your
tutorial. The down side is that you have to do all the brushing in one motion.
If you lift the pen Fade Brush only works on what you've done so far.

Nice thing about Photoshop is that there are a number of paths up the mountain.
<g>

--Bob