Re: [OM] OT: CS6

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: CS6
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 07:56:29 -0400
Nicely explained except (as you hint), other than a touch-up, there's no
reason to do any of this in PhotoShop if you're processing your raw
images in Camera Raw.  As a landscape shooter, once you've been through
Camera Raw you're probably done or very close to it (unless you're
Moose, of course).  But if you're a Moose or a portrait shooter your
work may be just beginning and that has to be done in PhotoShop using
masks.  Moose would likely be masking clouds, etc.  A portrait shooter
will be smoothing complexions, touching up bright or dark spots (like
Chris's tutorial on his son's photo), removing reflections from glasses,
swapping heads back and forth from multiple shots of groups, etc., etc.

Chuck Norcutt