Re: [OM] Fungal Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungal Friday
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 17:25:12 -0400
It's no different than it was with film.  We had two types of film;
daylight and Type B for incandescent lighting.  Beyond that you had to
carry a boat load of Kodak Wratten color correction filters if you
wanted to do what you can now do easily with white balance control.  But
nobody used those thing except commercial photographers trying to get
the color of the soup correct on a magazine ad.  If you shoot JPEG
you're probably better off with daylight color balance except that you
should probably mimic the Type B film by using incandescent (or its free
extension) fluorescent inside at night.

I says shoot raw and balance the color in post if you don't like what
comes straight out of the camera in a daylight preview.

Chuck Norcutt