[OM] How Ken invented aperture priority (and the internet? (was "Re: Fun

Subject: [OM] How Ken invented aperture priority (and the internet? (was "Re: Fungal Friday")
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 18:49:00 -0400 (EDT)
OK, I hear you but:
  1) why does that work and
  2) how did you figure that out

I still don't understand.  There is a progressive non -linear metering
error when metering anything but wide open that
is a f(aperture,?focal length).  If the cam/chip know the correct
exposure at max aperture theoretically it could set a correct exposure
with stop-down metering if the chip then knows the manual  lens f stop
inputted into the cam.

I have absolutely NO idea how that works accurately  in AV but  have a
suspicion it discounts the metering error issue. BTW it seems less on
the OM 5DII for some reason
and I have no clue with changed VF optics in the III if it is
different.  I think I hear some Moose hoof steps in the distance.  As
an owner of the emf chip and role as esteemed list logician all will be
clear soon, I  believe.

Puzzled as well,  Manual Mode for Zuikos with Optix chip Mike