[OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented

Subject: [OM] Pixco adapters -bad; Big_IS -good (was "Re: How Ken invented
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 16:10:00 -0400 (EDT)
Moose wouldn't bite. I went through that whole post as Joel or AG etc.
may wish to use the Z 50/1.4 Z 85/2 etc at F2.8 or faster. hand held
and get consistent good focus. The stock screen is largely only good to
providing accurate information to about F4 regardless of acuity of
vision--perhaps slightly better as mentioned but not significantly so.
The OM5DIII does NOT allow changing screens so the AF confirm accuracy
becomes more relevant. Many do not like that type of work flow and wish
to see what they are doing. An emerging preponderance of evidence is
that a microadjusted AF confirm adapter on the OM5DIII can yield about
the precision of using the Eg-S on the 5DII. Canyon sells shims for the
screens for good reason as manufacturing tolerances my mean that using
the screen may result in front or back focusing. I am happy for you if
yours is spot on.

Moose is quite astute in picking up that reporting the max aperture to
the cam fixes the grossest of the metering errors. I have
reservations as to whether the complex matrix metering will behave with
a manual lens stopped way down but center weighted seems very forgiving.

Just trying to be helpful, Mike