Re: [OM] IMG: Piaggio Propulsion Details

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Piaggio Propulsion Details
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 13:11:04 -0700
Yeah, those six 4360 engines were loud.  I let my wife talk me into
buying a house under the final approach to Carswell AFB and Convair Fort
Worth one time.  Carswell was home to two B-36 Bomb Wings and Convair,at
that time was building the B-58.  I always said that the railroad ran
through the middle of the house.  Prior to that, for a time, I flew on
them as an inflight Bomb Nav mechanic.  The first time out, I thought it
was loud while taxiing, but then it got a lot louder during engine run
up.  But then we pulled out on the end of the runway.  With set brakes,
set power for take off. release the brakes and eight seconds later 160
mph and take off.  That was when it really got loud.LOL  Then settle
down for a 24 hour mission.
Paul in Portland OR