Re: [OM] IMG: Piaggio Propulsion Details

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Piaggio Propulsion Details
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 15:18:11 -0500
> A76? I've live in the home of Beech all my life and am unfamiliar with that
> model, and google provides no info.

Duh. Typo. I meant to type A36. This particular one is either an A36
or A36TC. Regardless, it has a very blatty sound as it flies past on
climb out.

I think my email got dumped with a bad data connection, so I'm not
sure how much got to the list. But another thing that may be
contributing to the Piaggio's sound in low-speed operations and ground
operations are the strakes on the fusulage. The wake coming off the
blades (along with a ton of sound) reflects off this near right angle.
A person to the side will get not only the direct sound from the
props, but the sound that was headed the other direction. These
strakes have no effect in flight because the wake clears the tail.

AG