Re: [OM] Chris Cawford Indiana

Subject: Re: [OM] Chris Cawford Indiana
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:39:34 -0400
Fried Pie: Think deep-fried calzone with fruit-pie filling. Can be delicious,
or wretched. A sign like that would tempt me mightily, even though I shouldn't
eat such stuff.

As for the Tourist Cemetery in Vaughn. Years ago some friends and I were on our
way from College Station, Texas, to Wyoming. I don't recall the road we
traveled, but there was a long, uphill approach to Vaughn, and off to the left,
lower than the highway, was a ginormous cemetery, much larger than it seemed a
town such as Vaughn would need. I think we'd been enjoying some illegal
substances (this was at least 30 years ago), and started trying to figure out
why such a small town needed such a large cemetery. The only, ah, logical
explanation we could muster was that they waylaid tourists, ate the good parts,
gave the remains a decent burial, and crushed the cars to sell for scrap. We
stopped for gas in Vaughn, and had freaked ourselves out so much that we beat a
hasty departure as soon as the tank was filled. The actual citizens of Vaughn
we spoke with were quite nice. But then we figured they would be. Part of the
trap.

I'm sure it was all a delusion. <g>

--Bob