[OM] Garage Sale Booty

Subject: [OM] Garage Sale Booty
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:16:47 -0700
I've got so much stuff (crap) that I try to avoid garage sales. Sunday, though,
Carol cam in with some really nice,
useful looking little boxes. When I expressed my envy, she said she had only
taken two of four.

So off I went, a little ways down the hill. I ca back with the boxes, a few
other little treasures, a camera and a HD.

The HD is a silvery plastic box with "WD" on the side and a tiny sticker on the
bottom, including a model number with
"10000" in it.

Does it work?
Yes.
How much?
$5, I just want it to go where it will be used.
Sold.

At home, it connects, and initialization and formatting quickly results in a
1TB external disk with USB, Firewire 400 &
800 and eSATA connections!
Fang?

The camera is free as it doesn't work. A Casio EX-Z70 slim compact. Pull out
the battery and connect it to a charger for
a similar size, save voltage battery with clip leads for a few hours. Power!

2GB SD card has a couple hundred pictures, casual snaps, on it, ending about
four years ago.* I don't look closely.

Take it outside, adjust settings, point it at things and - oops, it isn't
focusing. More fussing, try manual focus.
Looking back at the pics on it, through 6/20/2008, mostly sharp, then on 6/29/
& 7/1/2008, fuzzy.

The camera is now opened up in a little tray on my desk. I suppose the
sensor/lens module may come apart next.

But then, look at the couple of test shots I took.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous&image=CIMG2966a.jpg>
And
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Miscellaneous&image=CIMG2967a.jpg>

Hey, I've been playing with focus and softness, maybe this is fate, giving me
my very own Impressionist camera! :-)
Maybe it doesn't need repair after all.

Impressionistically Moose

* Should I try to get them back to the owner? Ah, they are images 2790-2765;
someone has been up/downloading their
images from this camera to internet or computer.