Re: [OM] f*** you, loyal customer

Subject: Re: [OM] f*** you, loyal customer
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:07:44 -0400
Here's a for real Olympus BLM-1.  Oly doesn't have it anymore but
there's probably lots of left over stock in retailer's stores
<http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Lithium-ion-Rechargeable-Battery-Packaging/dp/B0000TU7IG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336924410&sr=8-2>

I'm always a little nervous about 3rd party lithium-ion batteries but
manufacturers prices are so high that I've been buying them anyhow.
What I do if I can is find an equivalent battery produced by a major
battery manufacturer such as Duracell.  From their website
<http://www.duracelldirect.com/olympus_evolt-e-500_digital-camera_accessories.aspx>

  I wasn't sure if this was a BLM-1 compatible of BLM-5 compatible but
there is a comment by one of the reviewers that it's fine in his C-8080
which uses a BLM-1.

Finally, I suspect the "incompatibility" between the chargers for BLM-1
and BLM-5 is that the BLM-5 probably has higher capacity.  I'll bet that
if you stuck a BLM-5 into the BLM-1 charger that it would charge OK but
maybe not to full capacity.

Chuck Norcutt