Re: [OM] Av with chipped adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Av with chipped adapters
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:47:51 -0500
On Mon, May 14, 2012, at 05:17 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> And I hope you've already set Custom Function #4 to "1" which will move
> the AEL button from the "*" on the back to the half press of the shutter
> button and the AF button becomes the "*".  That allows you to focus and
> meter separately.

I have moved it back and forth. I like AF on the AEL button if I am
actually using AF -- much of the time, at least.

On e-system cameras, I usually set up two custom setting groups, one
putting focus on the AEL button and AE on the shutter, and another with
both on the shutter.  The first is better for more deliberate, single
shots without IS and the second is better for quick, continuous shots
with IS on.

With manual focus lenses, I don't think it matters a whole lot where the
AE lock is, as long as you know where you put it.  It's not much of a
lock, in my opinion.  I suppose I can toy with changing the length of
time the display stays lit.  When it dies, AEL dies with it.

Joel W.