Re: [OM] My first pictures with the E-M5 and M.ZUIKO 45mm f1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] My first pictures with the E-M5 and M.ZUIKO 45mm f1.8
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:33:26 -0500
> Why does Olympus keep doing this to us? They give us good (OM,
> E-1) and then they give us crap, and then good again, or so it appears.

I'd like Khen to chime in on that. As an Olympus insider, I'm sure he
has tremendous insight into it. To our American minds, we don't
understand this start-stop-start-stop product management method. It
doesn't make sense to us. But within the Olympus business culture,
it's probably logical. I suppose the evidence is in the massive profit
margin. (there is a profit, right?)

Seriously, I don't understand Olympus in this aspect either. They can
be so incredibly brilliant, but incredibly frustrating. Personally,
I'm done playing the game. I'll run the OM gear till film is no longer
available. The digital stuff is being sold and I'll just go with Canon
in that regard so I don't have to worry about what Olympus decides to
do next.

As much as I'd like an E-M5, for me, the train has left the station.
It doesn't fit in my long-term plans because I can't plan on Olympus
long-term.

Yet, that doesn't diminish, in the least, the value of the E-M5 with
that 45/1.8 lens. It's an awesome bit of kit.

AG