Re: [OM] What were you shooting in 1970?

Subject: Re: [OM] What were you shooting in 1970?
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:36:35 -0400
In 1970 I used a original Pentax Spotmatic with 50mm 1.4 and 105mm 2.8
Super Takumars.  Getting the 1.4 lens had been a splurge; the camera
cost $250 with it in 1966 when I made $1.25 an hour at a weekend job.  I
remember a friend getting an M2 for the same price.  I had a twinge of
wondering whether I made the right choice, which completely went away
when I got the telephoto lens.

As soon as I heard about the OM-1, the compact size of the camera and
especially of the 100mm lens appealed to me.  I abandoned the Pentax
literally (left it at home when I left for an overseas job) and bought
my OM-1 with 35 and 100mm 2.8s at the duty-free shop in Amsterdam's airport.

      ----- Larry Woods