Re: [OM] what were you shooting in 1970?

Subject: Re: [OM] what were you shooting in 1970?
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 13:21:19 -0500
1970?  Long time ago.  I was 28 and using my father's Exakta VXIIa, the
camera designed for left-handed people.  Actually, he let me take this
camera along on a solo camping trip out west in 1963.  I had never used
an SLR before, and, after getting all the way out to Utah from Minnesota
without taking a single shot, I finally sat down at a picnic table in a
camp ground and went through the instruction manual.  In less than 20
minutes I understood all the numbers:  1.9 2.8 4 5.6 8 11; T 25 50 100
250 500; 25 40 64 100 160 250.  Looking back, I'm glad that I learned
the rudiments of photography on a manual camera.  That 20 minutes almost
50 years was time very well spent.
Dean