Re: [OM] Unexpected portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Unexpected portrait
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:40:50 -0500
Ah, but two rolls of film will do it. Seriously. If you want to cover the
dinner/reception, that is, of course, a different kettle of fish, but for
coverage of the services (funeral or memorial service as well as the
graveside service), you really do limit your shooting to a very specific
set of images. Manual focusing with mostly preset focus and absolutely no
flash. The key advantage of the Leica (and I use the OM in this fashion) is
that you preset your shot prior to raising the camera to your eye. Just
lift and click. Drop the camera down just as quickly. Do EVERYTHING by feel
that you can.

The majority of these I've shot with the OM cameras with a few done with
the E-1. I much prefer the film OM cameras much better. Film just works for
me.

AG

--
Ken Norton