Re: [OM] Unexpected portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Unexpected portrait
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:50:04 -0700
On 5/21/2012 8:57 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Rather nicely captured, Moose.

Thanks!

> How long did that take to achieve?

LOL! Ever heard of a restaurant where the menu has no prices? "If you have to
know, you can't afford it."

I sometimes wonder why it is that I do photography, and in particular, why I
mess about in the digital darkroom. The
answer is not too complex. When I have altogether too many images to process, I
sometimes feel tired, resentful, wish I
could be satisfied with something like LR, Aperture, etc.

Then I start work on an image, fall into it, and get lost. When I emerge, I
generally don't know how long I've been in
there. What seems like maybe 15-30 minutes may well have been a couple of
hours, maybe even longer on occasion. Being
retired, and having unconventional waking/sleeping hours, there are often no
real markers. My work room is intentionally
dim all the time, for consistency working on images, which doesn't help.

The other odd/interesting thing is that when I come out, I have no symptoms of
sitting in one place, leaning over, for
too long. I'm not stiff, cramped, thirsty, etc. Usually, I feel both physically
and emotionally elevated.

Thank heavens this doesn't happen with all images! This was one, though.

I'd make a wild guess at an hour or two. That's not typical, but this image has
a number of factors that made teasing
the best out of it time consuming. I knew going in that it had the potential to
be special.

Consumed by the Muse Imagia Moose