Re: [OM] The Doll House #76

Subject: Re: [OM] The Doll House #76
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:25:55 -0700

Hi, Bob, Chris, Ken, and ???

What an interesting, odd little bit of popular culture difference. I've never
liked horror books, movies or TV, so I
don't engage with them. I've never read any fiction by Stephen King, although
from reading a couple of columns in
Carol's EW, he seems a good writer, interesting and engaging. I do know about
Freddie Kruger, indirectly, but have no
idea who this Jason is.

Wait, check memory. I did see Rosemary's Baby, what, almost 45 years ago. I
didn't like it, which helped me resist
future opportunities for the genre.

I rather expect if I were to wander into the house Chris C has been
documenting, I would not be fearful. Probably say
something like "Well, it's better than cats, but still, what a dump. Let's go
somewhere more pleasant, or at least
interesting."

Clearly, many find Chris' images of the dolls disturbing because of horror
media associations. Without that emotional
component, I found them generally of little interest. I did find the book
against old wood interesting.

Unafraid Moose