Re: [OM] E-PL1 infor needed

Subject: Re: [OM] E-PL1 infor needed
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:35:37 -0700
Hi Frank,

Thanks so much for the very rational approach to my dilemma. However,
showing this to my spouse will only make matters worse. (Not that they are
not worse already, as I now have even more choices to consider).

I think, as time is short for a decision, and as there is much else to be
done, that I will be putting off any new purchase for a while. For while I
did mention that I shoot mostly in SoCal and Baja, as those will be the
primary locations any new purchase will be used, what I did not mention was
what had prompted the consideration of a new body/lens, and that is that we
expect to be en route to Kenya this September.

The fact that my daughter and her fiance are getting married there provides
the perfect excuse to get a "bucket list" item checked off: a safari in
Africa.

My E-1 is certainly up to the task, but it's large and heavy, and a bit
short in the megapixel department for what will likely be a once in a
lifetime trip. The 620 will serve nicely, but we were considering ways to
save weight and still have two capable, and more importantly,
high-pixel-count camera bodies in case of battery or camera failure of one.

Thanks for the help, however "slanted" and it's all more fuel for the
decision. Who knows? I might get lucky and catch a sale before I go.

---
Scott