Re: [OM] E-PL1 infor needed

Subject: Re: [OM] E-PL1 infor needed
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:16:46 -0700
On 5/22/2012 7:22 PM, Brian Swale wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>> Interesting ... Not being familiar with the Google+ image interface, and
>> not seeing an info button, I just opened it in a PhotoMe window, which
>> showed some EXIF stuff, but no camera or lens data. Just now downloaded
>> and checked in EXIFToolGUI - same thing.
>>
>> Went back to Google+, figured out that clicking on the image brought up a
>> bigger version - with info button that shows some of the data that was
>> deleted.
>>
>> So it seems Google+ messes with the EXIF for displayed images, clearing
>> out some data, then makes some of that data available in a different way?
>> Do you suppose there is a point to all that?
>>
>> Confuse A. Moose
> Hmm, I got this .. online ...

Yes, as I explained above, so did I, after figuring out what/where to make a
couple of clicks.

My point of interest/confusion is that the same info is NOT in the actual EXIF
of the image displayed. It appears it was
in the file Frank uploaded and Google+ didn't just copy it for their display,
but actually erased it from the EXIF
stored in the image file.

Odd.

Still Confused Moose