Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:07:58 -0500
Hasselblads are like Leica Ms - jewel-like,
finicky, and needs lots of service to stay in shape.

I disagree. I have had mine for fifteen or twenty years, and they have had a
lot of hard use, but only one lens has been serviced, replacing a
mainspring, and the rest (Two bodies and three lenses) have never been
opened. Backs are a little temperamental, but not a big problem. I have
noticed over the years that some people are just hard on cameras and others
are not. My Nikon F's have had more service than my Hasselblads, but all
just preventative maintenance.  Any mechanical camera needs touching now and
then, just like your car.