Re: [OM] IMG: Squirrel in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Squirrel in B&W
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:14:57 -0400
Actually, I believe you can do most of that in LR4, if not all of it, though in
slightly different ways. You don't get the layers, of course, unless you get
onOne's Perfect Layers plug-in, or add-on, or whatever it is.

But the brushes in LR4 are pretty phenomenal, all things considered. And they
do some new stuff in LR4. No, I haven't had time yet to really play around with
them. Can't recall the last time I actually tripped a camera shutter, but I
have been messing with some older images looking for better results.

I did upgrade to CS6, and I think I'll not regret it, but it may be my last CS
upgrade. I think with CS6 Adobe is really starting to move Photoshop into the
graphic application package, especially with their new cloud leasing program.
Rental program? Subscription program? It's like you need all the rest of those
Creative Suite applications to go with it, and I don't.

My thought is that the next couple of iterations of Lightroom will take it the
rest of the way to a photographer-only application, while old warhorses such as
ourselves with cling to CS5 or CS6 as ways to keep using those pesky old
layers. <g>

All of this worth a grain of salt, prognostication wise. I've been in what my
son calls a Nyquil coma all day. Damn cold just won't go away.

--Bob