Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:24:52 +0200
I base my statements on two things:

* When you pick up a RB67 after picking up a Hasselblad 5xx or
similar, it's immediately clear that it's a more solid (thicker
metal), heavier, simpler (less mechanical complexity), more beastly
device.
* Lots of reports on internet forums etc over the years of Hasselblads
being prone to randomly locking up, requiring frequent service, etc.
I've been a member of several (like APUG) for years, and it's a
general impression I get.

Of course, this is not enough to draw "conclusions" from, it's just
hearsay and impressions, so let's leave it at that.
Both are certainly fine cameras, and I could happily use either.
The Hasselblad is certainly prettier - the RB67 is "industrial", not
"pretty".

I certanly did not mean to offend hasselblad owners. Every time I use
my Mamiya, the "oh wow, is that a Hasselblad?" is getting a bit old
though... :-)

Dawid