Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35

Subject: Re: [OM] Re MF VS 35
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:12:49 -0500
I have heard others talk about a specific guy that actually did that. He was
VERY hard on equipment when he paid for it himself, then all Nikon, but now
that he's a Canon endorser, he babies his stuff. A camera store owner once
told me of going to a presentation by EPOI, the Nikon importer, and some
salesman put an F with a standard prism on the floor in a hotel meeting
room, and stood on top of it. Not only did it show good sense of balance,
but the camera was undamaged.  I stand by my opinion that Hasselblads AND
OM's have an undeserved reputation for being failure prone. I do know that
in the days of shooting weddings on 'blads, there were a lot of problems
with cameras due to incompetent operators. I can't imagine that there
weren't equal problems with Mamiyas under the same conditions.