Re: [OM] Two-wheeling "kit"

Subject: Re: [OM] Two-wheeling "kit"
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:12:09 -0500
Bob, I feel your pain...

The OM-D does look like it would be a fair choice from the perspective
that it appears to be a stout camera in nearly every way. However, I
would approve of such a choice under the following conditions:

1. Consider it a one-off, never to be improved upon, or completed system.
2. You are buying the OM-D with whatever lens is available RIGHT NOW.
3. Enjoy it for only what it is, not what it could be.

Personally, I consider the "system approach" to anything Olympus at
this point to be a too high risk. There is far too much case history
for me entertain the thoughts of it being anything but the flavor of
the month. Although, that 75/1.8 is awefully sweet...

If you do want to entertain the thought of m43, you might consider
waiting for the upcoming GH3. Guaranteed that the ergonomics will be
different, but I have no doubt that this is the one camera that will
easily throttle OM-D sales. Panasonic has introduced two lenses which
give me pause:  12-35 and 35-100. Yes, they are weather-sealed.

But for an improvement in image-quality, in a compact and reliable
formfactor, consider the Canon G1X.

AG