Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/5/2012: asleep at the wheel

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/5/2012: asleep at the wheel
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 02:10:49 +0930
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:58:02PM +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Overall, I like living in Spain. But there are some annoyances. Among
> them is the fact that when the light changes to green, it takes forever
> before people start moving, as opposed to the Netherlands (where I lived
> before coming here) where people step on it as soon as the light
> changes. So I always complain that the drivers here seem to fall asleep
> at intersections. This morning, while walking my dog, I saw conclusive
> proof:

They say that Adelaide has a Mediterranean climate, seems we also have
Mediterranean drivers as well...  :)

Another pet hate of mine... Driving down a multi-lane road, and you put
your turn indicator on, wishing to change lanes. In any other state of
Australia (and most of the rest of the world as well, I imagine) a gap
would open for you to move into. Not in Adelaide, putting the indicator
on says to otehr drivers "speed up to move into the space alongside me
to actively block my entry into the next lane..." :(

davidt
Adelaide
South Australia