[OM] The iPad Connextion [and Tiny Bees]

Subject: [OM] The iPad Connextion [and Tiny Bees]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 07:54:49 -0500
Moose, Moose, Moose!

As cutting edge as you are, I'm suprised that you haven't keyed in on the
best solution available right now. It's called "Google Drive". It's their
new hotrodded version of Google Docs.

Alternatively, Dropbox is a stout solution.

The one application which really makes the iPad usable is Readdledocs. Joel
introduced me to it (thank you, buddy), and There is not a day that goes by
that I don't use it for something. It also has webdav functionality built
in. I have my own website and along with that website I have a webdrive for
online storage. (my own private cloud).

Google Drive is a wonderful tool for me, though. It is integrated in with
the other google online apps which is a tremendous advancement. Google is
to online applications what Microsoft Office was to desktop applications,
The integration between apps is a whole new level of usability. Best of
all, for those of us with Android devices, there are apps that really
exploit these tools.

Between Readdledocs and Drive, I no longer use Dropbox. Completely
redundant.

Apple's concept of the "Cloud" is a joke. It's purely entertainment based.
Google's concept is productivity based. Big difference. I'm shuffling
around tons of documents between devices every week.

Seriously, without Readdledocs the iPad is pretty sad. I consider it a must
have.

AG

--
Ken Norton