Re: [OM] Two-wheeling "kit"

Subject: Re: [OM] Two-wheeling "kit"
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:27:15 -0400
Sigh. Of course you're right. And of course I haven't decided exactly what I
want to come out of two-wheeling and photography. I think more than just a
record of traveling, though done properly, that could be the rest of my life's
work. Large gallery prints? I dunno? I have a slingshot bag, refitted now to
hold the D3, a 105/2.8, and some filters, flash and radio triggers, but I'm
reluctant to wear the thing while riding, balance and all that. On the other
hand, it makes getting at the gear pretty quick. Not as quick as the right tank
bag, but still quick.

I really am trying to avoid buying new photo gear right now, mostly because
disposable income has gone into two-wheeling, which I have discovered that no
love for was lost during the 30 years I wasn't riding. The Suzuki V-Strom crowd
calls it "farkling" their bikes. I have not yet begun to farkle, but I have had
to buy some new turn signals as I managed to knock the stock ones off. Sigh.
Still, it's coming back. <g>

--Bob