Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikon 1 V1, was: Two-wheeling "kit"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:52:07 -0700
On 5/31/2012 6:26 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> That's tempting. I'm not sure about the EVF, though, and yesterday I was out
> riding and took a couple of shots with Esteemed Wife's Coolpix, and jus flat
> couldn't see what I was doing on the LCD. Too much light. Fortunately, the
> camera knew what I was trying to do and did an acceptable job for the shot I
> was trying to take.
>
> The V1 bears more looking into.

Any reason the G12 hasn't made a trip yet? If it's too big/awkward, the V1 or
other ILC isn't going to cut it either.
Between the crummy optical viewfinder and the articulated screen, it will frame
the shot in any light. I found a Nikon
leather belt case, for some old Coolpix, I suppose, that fits the G11 like a
glove, and makes it very handy.

I've used the S100 in lots of direct sun, and always been able to frame the
shot. I just tried it out in direct sun.
With LCD brightness at max, I can see the shot at any angle but with the sun
reflecting directly off the protective
'glass' into my eyes. Then, shading with my other hand works fine.

I'm perfectly willing to use an EVF, if they have become as good as people say,
but as yet a camera with one that
otherwise fills my desires hasn't come up.

Choices Choices Moose