Re: [OM] IMG: Red-Headed Woodpecker

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Red-Headed Woodpecker
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:23:59 -0700
On 5/29/2012 2:20 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> The red head showed up again, and I grabbed the camera and monopod and
> slipped out the garage door.  This time he stayed around for portrait work.
> The link below is to one of the better results.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/WP67.jpg.html
>
> E-510 with Leica Telyt-R 250/4, 2X, Monopod, ISO 1600, RAW

As Bob, Charlie, Ken and others have said, you keep getting better and better
at this photography thing. This is an
absolutely first rate shot in pose, composition, etc., but I think your skills
are starting to outpace your equipment in
at least one area.

I know you are just doing this for your own enjoyment. Still, the noise and
smeary detail detract from such an otherwise
outstanding shot.

The E-510 is fine for images like the Volvo bone yard (The first is my fave.)
But for tele shots that must be at high
shutter speeds, modest effective apertures, and cropped, that old sensor is not
the cat's meow.

Critical Appreciation Moose