Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long tim

Subject: Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long time
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:07:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>An OM body loaded with B&W film. No digital cameras, no color film,
>just B&W film in a fine camera with wonderful lenses and a set of
>filters.
>
>Life is good. The vision is coming back.

     <<ENVY!!>>

     I get the same satisfaction using manual film lenses with the E-500.  Just
yesterday I got a Sigma 70-230mm f/4.5 macro that needed a little repair work.
Took about 15 minutes to repair and clean it.  It's a 1-touch plus with an
interesting macro mechanism.  You turn the grip all the way to the left, then
pull it back towards you until you feel a slight bump.  Then turn it to the
right to select the macro image size. Push the grip away from you and you have
full focus and zoom control.  It's an ingenious design, and they have the same
feature on the 75-250mm f/4.5.

     What's nice about this is that you have a macro telephoto zoom that does
not require moving your hand from one grip to another to engage and adjust the
macro.  It's very convenient, but at the same time it's no substitute for the
full control of 3-touch lenses such as the Soligor 35-140mm.

Chris