Re: [OM] Lightroom 4 controls

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightroom 4 controls
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 03:37:26 +1200
Jez Cunningham:

> I did a short LR4 training course on Saturday afternoon, courtesy of
> Piet Van Den Eynde (see http://morethanwords.be/blog/about-me/) and he
> gave a demo of how to use the new Develop / Basic controls.
>
> In particular the Highlight Recovery and Fill Light functions of LR3
> have been replaced by Highlights and Shadows.  He took a photo with
> lost shadows and blown skies and with two simple slider adjustments
> worked a miracle.
>
> I was very impressed, I think you will be too. See the before and
> after pictures (and the intermediate effect of each of the 2 sliders)
> at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/114216296452748950269/LR4?authuser=0&;
authkey=Gv1sRgCLuU2
eOO-KuWLA&feat=directlink

> All photos copyright Piet!
>
> I'm sold - on the upgrade as soon as I get Win7 - and on Piet's training!
> He also does some great little $5 ebooks on the Craft and Vision
> website (and iPad app)

As a matter of fact, FastStone image viewer has sliders which do just this,
in of the many options on the left . It's only in the last few months that I've
been using these; had not discovered their potential until rather late in the
piece.

Brian Swale.