Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long tim

Subject: Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long time
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:54:51 -0500
Medium format, maybe, but only if you have access to the
> highest quality scanning.
Nathan,
I must take issue with this statement. Whatever kind of scanning you have
available only counts if you plan on printing digitally. I still have
professionally made optical prints from color negative film shot in my Xpan
and OM's that I would put against any digital. I will admit that getting
prints made optically is a challenge today and perhaps expensive, but in the
case of B&W, not out of range for home darkrooms. This is like the
comparisons made between prints from digital files and digital prints form
scanned film that is supposed to show the difference and alleged superiority
of digital. Well, gee, when film scanned with an average scanner doesn't
measure up, what's wrong? Think, class.

Bill Pearce