Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long

Subject: Re: [OM] Honestly, I haven't enjoyed Photography this much in a long time
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 23:16:44 +0200
On 06 Jun 2012, at 5:09 PM, Sawyer, Edward wrote:

> I don't bother scanning at all in general, I only print optically
> (with a
> pretty nice darkroom set up, I must admit.)

ARGH, you and Ken are killing me! I was all cozy with a great darkroom
setup, and now I am darkroom-less for at least a couple of months more.
I do concur with you, though. I shoot a lot of Ilford Pan F in my
Mamiya RB67, and the superiority in all aspects - resolution, dynamic
range, tonal smoothness - is quite obvious to anybody who compares two
such prints side by side. Digital is great at certain things. But a
good monochrome print (compared to medium format analogue print) is
still not one of them. Not by a long shot.

I used some of my OM kit money to buy the latest K/L version of the
Sekor 180mm lens for the Mamiya RB67. Wow, what a lens.
While preferring the build of the older C-series lenses, I love
everything else about this lens.

Dawid