[OM] IMG: Redhead Again

Subject: [OM] IMG: Redhead Again
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:00:06 -0400 (EDT)
Great shots, thanks for posting.  One really does seem to have a bit of "swirl
bokeh" which is rather tame and pleasant to me.  I didn't know any Leica's
could do that.  Is that a substantial crop?

I think vintage LF lenses were noted to do that in
some cases and   paradoxically very small format lenses such as the possible
swirl bokeh KING Helios 44-2 58 F2.  It is a near copy of a Zeiss Biotar and
till they became more popular could be had for 10 bucks.   I put in a couple
snipes for a M42 mount but no luck as was out-sniped by a dollar or two.(things
too hectic of late to do much)  I think they are more popular now and command a
higher price but still cheap. QA is lousy but a good copy renders some macro
shots very nicely.  I think the swirl bokeh is pronounced stopped down a bit
with a distant background. I  had a sec to search and  found one quick example:

http://deadwolfbones.smugmug.com/Photography/Helios-10-7-09/IMGP0949/682490268_L94WK-XL.jpg

Not sure of the optical properties mediating  that OOF rendering. Not sure even
Moose could simulate
good swirl bokeh in post.  ;-)

Bonkers Bokeh Booster, Mike