Re: [OM] IMG: Redhead Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Redhead Again
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:13:57 -0500
Mike,

Although I don't often record the aperture settings when using manual
lenses, I think these were shot wide open at f/4.  The background was
approximately twice as far away from the lens as was the subject, and
consisted mostly of green foliage and trees.  I had made similar shots of
the bird on the same tree a week earlier, with less sunlight, and the
background was much darker and less defined.  I think the amount of visible
swirl is dependent on the amount of light falling on the background area.

Thanks for looking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA