Re: [OM] The Convenience of Digital Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] The Convenience of Digital Cameras
From: Michael Gordon <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:52:58 -0400
We have one horse and it eats hay AND greenbacks with abandon.  At least I
don't have to muck out the stall where the OM gear sleeps.

I'll Have Another (lens that is), Mike

"You've forgotten that these things eat greenbacks, not hay. Dunno aboutthe
Stylus 840 but DPReview has coverage of the Stylus 800 from October2005
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusstylus800> I assume the 840 is very
similar. The 800 was Oly's first 8MP sensor in a small camera. They don't much
care for the noise reduction but say it's OK for prints of 8x10 or smaller
which is certainly enough I would guess for its intended purpose. Perhaps a
bigger deal.. it can play in the rain becasue it's weather sealed.