Re: [OM] Sunburst Lake, Bob Marshall Wilderness

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunburst Lake, Bob Marshall Wilderness
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:30:29 -0500
> Lovely, well planned shot, Ken!

I wonder if Bob has shot up there at Sunburst? It was an amazing spot
back in the '90s when I was there. The key is to hike up the day
before, stay overnight and shoot the sunrise. As it's a 12 mile hike,
you'll need to plan accordingly. Oh, BTW, this is also the area where
they take the problem bears from Glacier. This is down a bit from
Glacier off of the South Fork of the Flathead River.

> Ya gotta love that 24/2.8 OMZ!  I've forgotten to use mine for awhile.

Mistake! I just realized that it wasn't the 24/2.8. This was taken
with the 35/shift lens. Judging from other pictures in the set, I
believe I had it shifted quite a bit over to one side.

> Rick... who's going to slap his on the E-1 and see what happens.

I really like using my 24/2.8 on the Panasonic DMC-L1. It starts to
balance nicely. The E-1 seems to need something a bit more substantive
to offset the grip.

AG