Re: [OM] : Sunburst Lake, Bob Marshall Wilderness

Subject: Re: [OM] : Sunburst Lake, Bob Marshall Wilderness
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 07:10:24 -0500
Brian, Facebook does a fantastic job of trashing images. I even tried
feeding it a huge file to let it optimize to no avail. On my website it
keeps things exactly as I planned. Right now, those zx images have exactly
an 800 pixel image width. The new site will go much wider.

The dark slab part way up the mountainside is where the stream is. It
puzzled me for years until I saw the Google Earth image of it. It's a
stretch of the stream that flows downhill for a bit directly aligned with
the viewing position. It's actually about two miles away.

Astute observers will notice a touch of artistic license between the two
images. Nothing major, just fixing something that bugged me.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx