Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.

Subject: Re: [OM] MONOCHROME COMMMENT.
From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:43:22 -0700
Chris Trask offered:
"     When my dad went to airshows he would usually take a pair of press
photographer cameras that he's had converted to 620 format film.  And he
would also have a case of 620 film, which he eventually had to special order
directly from Kodak.  He also had a large number of prepaid processing
mailers.  After the airshow he would drop the mailers off at a post office.
He did this even after he finally graduated to a medium format Mamiya.<<<

Hi Chris,
If  I were shooting a project for a client it was my good fortune to either
ship film back if possible. Or arrive back with 800 rolls of film and turn
it over to the lab and the next time I would see it. It was all processed
with a contact sheet with every sleeved roll.

Then the really bad part was captioning those images selected by the photo
editors and art director for 8X10's of each image selected. Some times a bit
of a drag captioning all the selected images which could be several
hundreds.

When I've shot for my medical books I souped, contacted, selected and
printed all the film in my darkroom . Again a bit of a chore if you've
popped 500 rolls of B&W Tri-x film. Then make 11X14 prints for the publisher
art directors to work with in the layouts

But as tiring as it was at times, it was just pure magical editing and
finding the odd diamond mixed in the lot. :-) Notice..... "the odd diamond!"
Not everyone! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)
TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM