Re: [OM] Was an Introduction, now OM-D questions.

Subject: Re: [OM] Was an Introduction, now OM-D questions.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:30:14 -0400
I've never seen an OM-D let alone own one but I do own a copy of the PDF
manual downloaded from Oly.
<http://olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-M5_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf>
Your first question is answered favorably on page 15 of the manual where
it says:
Framing subjects in the monitor
Press the |O| button to display the subject in the monitor. Press the
|O| button again to switch back to the original display.

Notes
• The camera can be configured to switch between the viewfinder and
monitor displays either automatically or manually. Press and hold the
|O| button until the automatic display toggle menu is displayed and
select an option using FG. Pressing the |O| button toggles between the
monitor and viewfinder displays.
• If no operations are performed for a minute, the camera enters “sleep”
(stand-by) mode to turn off the monitor and to cancel all actions. The
camera activates again when you touch any button (the shutter button, q
button, etc.). The camera will turn off automatically if left in sleep
mode for 4 hours. Turn the camera on again before use.
• Automatic display selection is not available in the following
instances... 3D photography/During live bulb photography
I've edited an unreproducible button symbol here to show as |O|  It's
the small button on the right rear of the viewfinder eyepiece housing.

I can't answer your question about the diopter eyecup but I think
there's a fair chance that whatever you're using on the E-3 might fit
the OM-D.  I'd send an email to Oly support and directly ask the E-3/OMD
eyepiece compatibility question.  Or, if you have a well stocked camera
store nearby (none around here for about 75 miles**) just walk in with
your E-3 eyepiece and ask to put it on an OM-D.

** Since I moved away from Boston about 5 years ago I've never seen any
new cameras other than P&S cameras such as you can buy at Walmart and
other discount stores. :-(

Chuck Norcutt