[OM] Was: Patience, Now: Dr.Ted.

Subject: [OM] Was: Patience, Now: Dr.Ted.
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:13:57 -0700
Good Morning, all!

OK... so it looks as if Dr. Ted is relatively new, here, as well.

So, for those who don't know him, and haven't looked at his web-site, let me
fill you in....

Ted is a long time friend.   He is a good enough photographer to have his own
collection of 280,000 negatives (no, I did NOT get that number wrong!) in the
National Archives of Canada.  He has ~another 100,000 in the National Library's
collection.

Ted is widely regarded as "The father of Canadian Photojournalism", and
although he hates the term (too modest), the US magazine, Photographer's Forum,
simply called him "Canada's Greatest Living Photographer".

Oh, and the "Dr." in Dr. Ted comes from an honourary degree conferred on him by
the University of Victoria, for his contributions to photography.

He has won more awards than I even knew existed.

His website is well worth a  look, his photographs are well worth studying,
his books are well worth buying (I have 'em all) and his advice should be
listened to.

For those who like to put a face to a name, here's my favourite photo of Ted,
taken back in 2006, in conversation with a mutual friend.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/DrTed.html

Best regards,
David.