Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!

Subject: Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:29:47 -0400
Chuck, your opening line just broke me up.

Last week, substitute teaching in one of the Middle schools,
one youngster asked me if I had been in the service.

"Yes", I responded.
"Were you in a war?" he asked.
"Yes, Korea, twice," I replied.
"Did you shoot anyone?" was the next question.
"Yes, many times," I deadpanned. "Sometimes one-at-a-time, sometimes whole
bunches of folk."

Picture the looks, imagine the sudden silence.

"I was a photographer," I explained, and the sighs were audible.