Re: [OM] I don't understand...

Subject: Re: [OM] I don't understand...
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:26:36 -0700

> After this recent talk about different views on different monitors
> I decided it was time to actually profile this new Dell U2312HM
> which I bought because it was very highly rated for the price

Hi Chuck!

I'm not familiar with the Dell, but is it an LED monitor?   I ask only because
I purchased a new monitor, not too long ago, and it was a Samsung LED machine.

I tried to calibrate it with my Monaco and had similar problems.   I took it
back to the store, asking to swap it for an "old fashioned", LCD (fluorescent)
unit, which I have, and which calibrates perfectly.

What was interesting is that the store manager told me that the LED illuminated
units simply won't calibrate.  They look great for the casual user, but for
those of us who want accurate colour, they just won't work. He has exchanged a
number of them, or so he said.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers!
David.