Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:21:13 -0700

> Hi, David -
>
> One of my monitors is a 24" Eizo ColorEdge, one is a 17" Dell
> Laptop and one is an 8" Acer netbook so they all have very
> different capabilities in calibration possibilities.  I usually
> base my adjustments on the Eizo.

That's the one I'd choose, too!   Laptops & netbooks are far too dependent on
which way the screen is angled... to my mind, not suitable for serious photo
work.

> The scan looked grainy and
> saturated but not too grainy or too saturated.  I have adjusted it
> some in LR:

> Any better or not?

Hi Tina!

Yes, better... but....   When I look at the young lad's hair, I see a blue-ish
tint... and the flesh tones still do not look natural.  Yet I've played with it
(I use GIMP, 'cause I'm too cheap to by PS) and I cannot improve on it, without
making other bits worse!  (My computer skills are exceeded only by my good
looks....)

My "bam" is "boozled"... on my monitor it still does not look right, yet I am
unable to significantly improve upon what you've done.

Sorry...

David.

PS:  Were you, by an chance, at the LHSA meet, in Rochester, NY, in the fall of
2007?