Re: [OM] I don't understand...

Subject: Re: [OM] I don't understand...
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:58:29 -0700
Many calibration manufacturers have updated their software to include an
LED option. If your software isn't the most current version, you may want
to upgrade.
My LED won't go to black, but the newer software doesn't require these
adjustments. Some of the software call it "easy" or "simple" or "quick"
mode. If  you have that option you may want to try that.

To me the only reason to refine calibration is to ensure that what I see is
what I get out of my printer. If I weren't printing, I would stick with
"close enough".
Good luck,
Bob

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've already satisfied myself that the calibration is good by comparing
> two recent 12x24 prints.  They're very close to those images on screen.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 6/13/2012 10:13 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > Chuck, I have a very simple answer for you.
> >
> > Remember that package you got from Millerslab that contained the
> > profiling print? Take that print, set it next to your monitor (in good
> > examination light), pull up the image from the disk on the screen and
> > eyeball compare. This works anytime, anywhere. What you are doing is
> > calibrating your eyes to whatever conditions the monitor is
> > presenting. It works for both calibrated monitors and uncalibrated
> > laptop displays.
> >
> > Easy as that.
> >
> > Seriously.
> >
> > AG Schnozz