Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:48:17 +1000
Just the compromises you have to make when using colour (film/digital) -
just convert to monochrome !

If you have some parts of the scene lit by direct sunlight and other parts
lit by the sky then you won't be able to make an overall adjustment of the
image successfully so both parts of the scene look correct.  You could use
fill flash to swamp the skylight in the shadows or select certain parts of
the image and adjust them individually.

Other problems I've noticed is where the shadows are filled by light
reflected off a strongly coloured surface, an example being a tennis player
on green court has strong green cast in the shadows.

...Wayne