Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:02:23 -0500
THE Moose wrote:
> I don't know any THE Tina Manley, nor, for that matter, any THE Ted Grant. I
> had never heard of either person before
> they joined up here and introduced themselves.

Living under a rock, are we? Even I knew who they are and I'm about as
dim as an LCD monitor in bright sunshine.

You really need to tell Tina what you really think of the bokeh of her
lenses. :)  Think she'll sell off all her 35mm gear like Dawid did as
a result? Come on, be brave.

> As to automatic rendering of respect and/or deference to folks based on
> reputation or hearsay - well, that ain't my way.

And you are???  ;)

> A cook's only as good as the pudding. Based on the small sample of Tina's
> work I've had time to digest, she appears to
> be a pretty good cook.

No fast food there! Dr. Ted's cooking is pretty decent too. I'd stuff
myself on that fare every day. Unfortunately, I've got to do my own
cooking which often comprises of raman noodles and a packet of salmon
mush.

> Fortunately, the underlying issue with this particular image has been nicely
> resolved.

Close. I still think SilverFast isn't quite nailing the raw scan yet.
It seems to be protecting the highlights too much and not giving the
scanner enough juice.

> * Don't take all this, while true, as entirely about you and your images.
> Ken and I have a history or several ... :-)

Moose isn't actually THE Moose either.

:)

AG Schnozz

--